1 Apr 2018

March Wrap-Up & April TBR


The first of April. April Fool's Day. Spring is here, almost all the snow is gone already. The time of spring cleaning, less puffy winter coats, natural light more than a few hours a day! Even though the year begins on New Year's Eve, I still find the first days of spring more symbolic. The colour green returns, birds fly back, and people hatch from inside their heavy winter gear. And if you're wondering 'what in the world is she rambling about', spring begins in March! Nope, not in Finland. We're lucky if even half the snow has melted around Easter time. And that's only in the South.

I could say that I am satisfied with the result I got in March. Only a couple hundred pages less than in February. Of course, I aimed higher. My March TBR had a few books that I could not get to, so they are the first ones in the line for April. Two of which I have already started reading.
Here are the books I read during the month of March:


Inspired
Danielle E. Shipley

★★★★☆
Review
Goodreads

 171 pages



Forbidden (Satan's Sons MC #4)
Simone Elise

★★★★★
Review
Goodreads

278 pages



Control Freakz (Control Freakz #1)
Michael Evans

★★★☆☆
Review
Goodreads

280 pages



Inking Innocence
Laikyn Meng

★☆☆☆☆
Review
Goodreads

68 pages

Rebel Song (Rebel Song #1)
Amanda J. Clay

★★★☆☆
Review (02/04/2018 12pm GMT)
Goodreads

 377 pages




First Crush, Last Love
Elizabeth McKenna

★★★★☆
Review
Goodreads

314 pages



Frost Security: Frank (Frost Security #2)
Glenna Sinclair

★★★☆☆
Goodreads

Storytime: Amazon says the 5-book box set is 2091 pages total. The first book is the shortest and the last one the longest. But to make this easier, I'll just divide the page count for 5, because I'm going to read them all anyway. So:
418 pages

Soul Catchers (How to Survive the Afterlife #2)
Tony Moyle

★★★★☆
Review
Goodreads

323 pages



The Dead Kids Club
L. Taylor

★★★★★
Review
Goodreads

Around 150 pages (Final page count not yet confirmed)



Total page count: 2379

Observant ones might have noticed that I was absent for over two weeks in the middle of March. I had a good excuse. And now that excuse is invalid. But the result is even more lasting. Just a couple of days and Hello, Osaka!

For some reason, I never learn. Always trying to convince myself that I can read a hundred books a day. No problem! Or no problem, if I wouldn't fall for it every month. But here I am again, listing the books I want to read in April. Yep, never going to learn. Still, I am full of optimism and all that. This month I am going to finish all these books, and maybe even more!

Everlost - Candace Knoebel
Pen & Xander, Laekan Zea Kemp
The King of Bone And Ashes, J. D. Horn
A Shadow Bright and Burning, Jessica Cluess
The Heart of Betrayal, Mary E. Pearson
The Beauty of Darkness, Mary E. Pearson
Looking for Dei, David A. Willson
A Court of Wings and Ruin, Sarah J. Maas (Yes, I am really going to do it this time!)
Rescuing the Prince, Meghann McVey
Aftan Whispers, Phil Williams

So, wish me luck! And Happy Easter everyone (or happy Cheap Chocolate Fest, as I like to call it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment