3 Mar 2018

February Wrap-Up and March TBR

Another month has fled from our hands for good. It's funny how you rarely think about that the time we have lived we'll never get back. There won't ever be a February 2018 ever again. Too deep? Back to lighter business...


My February TBR was really ambitious considering that I have half the hours of a day reserved for coursework. There were a few longer books, some of them I have been postponing reading for way too long. In the end, I didn't complete my February's goal fully, but still got a pretty decent score.

Make It Count
Tamar Sloan
★★★☆☆
Goodreads
Full review

361 pages




Frost Security: Richard
Glenna Sinclair
★★★☆☆
Goodreads
Full review

278 pages




Black Mark's Heart
Ebony Olson
★★★★☆
Goodreads
Full review  

 235 pages



King's Cage
Victoria Aveyard
★★★★★
Goodreads
Full review

 528 pages




Crossing Into Brooklyn
Mary Ann McGuigan
★★★★☆
Goodreads
Full review

224 pages




Reaper's Redemption
Simone Elise
★★★★★
Goodreads
Full review

 407 pages



My Unexpected
Lia Gilmore
★★☆☆☆
Goodreads
Full review 

256 pages




Topaz And Lace
Amber Laura
★★★☆☆
Goodreads
Full review

321 pages

So eight books and 2 610 pages in total in the month of February. It's a bit less than I would've wanted but better than nothing. You may have noticed that Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Wings and Ruin isn't there with the read books. The reason for that is that it's too intimidating right now. I took off the shelf, stripped it from its dustjacket, 'cracked' the cover by the book (you know, the careful stretch you give it so not to harm the spine when reading), and then turned onto the first page. Then, I was struck by such an intense trepidation of what will come down in the book that I just could not start reading. It still lies on the same spot where I left on the dining table, reminding me every time I pass it. Maybe some day.

As I am writing this, my laptop doesn't want to cooperate and keeps losing the Internet connection every two minutes. And to reconnect me to the world again, it needs to be restarted every single time. While it is almost too annoying to withstand, it gives me reading time. I am currently reading Danielle E. Shipley's book Inspired and am about to be finished with it. Only about fifty pages left.

My March TBR is as follows and it's ten books, but I'll do it! This time I will read them all, you'll see.

Inspired, Danielle E. Shipley
Control Freakz, Michale Evans
Forbidden, Simone Elise
Rebel Song, Amanda J. Clay
Inking Innocence, Laikyn Meng
First Crush, Last Love, Elizabeth McKenna
Soul Catcher, Tony Moyle
Everlost, Candace Knoebel
The Dead Kids Club, L. Taylor
Pen & Xander, Laekan Zea Kemp

Other exciting news is that the author of Pen & Xander, Laekan Zea Kemp is hosting a giveaway with lots of cool prizes such as a Kindle Fire, her entire backlist, and signed copies. You can enter the giveaway here and get more information about the giveaway and the author here.

I must confess that I miss flying. I have been 'grounded' for an entire month today. What happened, you ask. My contract was due to end to another airline soon and I got a spot on a bigger carrier's training course, which I am on now. The course is about halfway through, and we are nearing a hands-on week, which means that I'll be up in the air again! If anyone from my training is reading this; I love you all, you are the best! Now, go back to memorising the wine list.

How has your February been? Tell me in the comment section, leave a link to your February wrap-up and March TBR! Now, I am going to make another bucket of coffee and prepare for Zoe's (from readbyzoe) 24-hour readathon. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment