20 Jan 2018

Review: Timeless (Satan's Sons Monarchy Series #2)


'' ''Let me put you back together again.'' ''

★★★★☆

From Goodreads:
A lot can change in six years. Jax’s sentence is coming to an end, and Amber has been a ghost since the day she walked off the prison grounds. With Jax on the outside, and their son becoming more like his father every day, will Amber be able to stay away?
Amber:
When I left Jax behind bars I made a promise to myself. I would never let him near my child, or my life, ever again. I’ve kept that promise, leaving behind the biker life and staying hidden from my brothers and most importantly from the man who ripped out my heart. But hiding and moving on are two very different things. How am I supposed to get over someone whose eyes I stare into every day in the form of my son...my Jack...who is his spitting image? Do I see Jax again? Do I tell him about his boy? With his release just around the corner, I better figure it out pretty damn quick.
Jax:
I told her to leave. That was always the deal; if I went away, Amber and I were finished. But a man’s got a lot of time to think in here, and the past years without my girl have been the hardest of my life. Do you know how many days are in 6 years? I do. Because for every single one of those days I’ve had my club searching for the woman I love. The woman I asked to marry me. The woman I kicked out of my life. As soon as these prison gates open, there is only one thing I care about and that is finding my girl, and getting things back to the way things were, just the two of us, no distractions.
Being together might be dangerous, but outlaws are meant to break the rules.

The second instalment which I waited impatiently to read a few weeks. Now that I am finished with it, the feelings are the same as with the first book Tattooed Love, I can't wait to read the next one. Luckily I have a few more MC books coming from Simone Elise's pen so the wait doesn't feel as long as it would without.
Since there is a big gap between the ending of the last book and the beginning of this one, it is expected that the characters are bound to be a bit different. Especially, Amber. She isn't the young and reckless girl she used to be. Now she is a mother, juggling a full-time job and an unstable relationship, the true picture of a corporate single mother. You still recognize and relate to her, she hasn't been completely remade, but just added another layer to hide her past.

Jax, on the other hand, hasn't changed almost at all. He still loves the club and he still loves Amber. And he is in for a surprise when he sees a miniature copy of himself when he meets finds Amber after searching for her the entire six years he has spent inside the prison. 

Jack as a character is as adorable as they come. He is the perfect mix of both of the parents. He has the decisiveness, the hard-headedness if you may, he won't give up if he has made up his mind. He calculates his moves and knows how to get the things he wants from other people.

'' ''Hell, I've only ever loved you. If I remember correctly, you were the one with the problem admitting it.'' ''

The book takes a turn to the sweeter side near the end, after a few hours pounding, terror-filled moments. The only thing that I found negative in this book was how it ended. It just stopped. It felt like the latter half of the final chapter was missing. Maybe it makes sense when I get to read the next book. Maybe. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I can't bring myself to read the sequel, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! I wonder how screwed up that kid gets, ha.

    ReplyDelete