17 Feb 2017

# The Ultimate Book Tag


The Ultimate Book Tag. I was a bit afraid to take this on, but here I am, on the verge of diving.

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? 

No, I tend to zoom into the page so effectively that the outside world simply ceases to exist (on the rare occasion I actually have time to read in the car).

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Diana Gabaldon's writing is so beautiful its almost poetic. I've read a part of the Outlander series and the description of surroundings and the characters. Just magical, flowing and wonderful.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
 

Harry Potter since I grew up reading them. Is that a reason number one already? Okay, no.
-There's a sense of timelessness in the books. No matter how young or old you are, the book has something to offer to you. And every reread brings something more.
-When I last read the Twilight Saga a few years back, I still found the main character set too weak. I tend to like my protagonists more independent and sassy, and Bella wasn't anything like that, except maybe a bit in the last book.
- Hogwarts is a place where you go. Yes, the Wizarding World surrounds us, but the school is away from here, almost in a bubble. The bubble has its magic of cocooning you into it. In the Twilight Saga everything happened only in the 'real' world without any safety bubbles. So Twilight had me checking under my bed a bit more than the Harry Potter series, even though it would be more logical to look out for the Bloody Baron.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
 

Yes, or all my bags are book bags... If I'm reading eBooks, then I carry my iPad, Kindle or just my phone. But I'm the stereotypical girl when it comes to hoarding unnecessary things with me. Phone charger to the grocery store, several packets of tissues even if I don't have the flu, some make up, pain killers, band-aids, calendar, pens, and other random things such as extra pair of socks or cutlery.

5. Do you smell your books?
 

Guilty pleasure.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
 

I can live without. The words are what bring the story to life. Of course in some cases the illustrations do help, but I can live without.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?
 

Beautiful Creatures, is the closest experience. This scenario hasn't actually exactly happened to me. There have been books, like Lauren Kate's Fallen, where I haven't been able to stop reading still hating the book.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? 

I read so much when I was younger. I could plough through page after page without the outside world bothering me at all. Being a serious kid, I don't have any funny stories. But when I wanted to challenge myself, I would read the book upside down.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
 

Xenophobe's Guide to the Finns. Very useful, very truthful.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the thickest. A close second is A Clash of Kings.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
 

I could say I write as well as I read but I don't currently have the time to even think about starting to write again. Hopefully sometime in the future I'll be able to write a book of my own, I don't want to publish it, though.

12. When did you get into reading?
 

In preschool. I was the kid who read the Harry Potters and Percy Jacksons on first grade when everyone else was just starting to learn reading.

13. What is your favourite classic book?
 

I haven't read many, but from those I've read, I'd say it's something from Thomas Hardy.

14. In school was your best subject Arts or English?
 

I'd say English since my drawing is limited to geometry and stick figures.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you 
do?
 

Put it on my shelf and move on. Hey, it's a book!

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
 

The series a have in mind are not lesser known. For me the Shatter Me series has a slight resemblance to the Hunger Games trilogy. They both have a female lead who at first is on the weak side and then grows into her role. They both have a resistance against the authority. As for the Harry Potter series the only one that comes to mind are the Percy Jacksons. Based in a place where similar people alike reside with magical creatures and quests to danger.

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming or writing?
 

Off topic rambling. I normally write a post, let it sit until the next day, read it again and then publish it. Too many times I have had to write half of the post again because I've started talking about my cats eating habits when I'm supposed to be reviewing a book.
For those of you who haven't already had the pleasure, the fur ball on the left is Jamie.

18. What is your favourite word?
 

Darling, hardly, wholeheartedly. When you say those out loud, they just feel beautiful in your mouth.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
 

None of the above. All three of the options are defined with words socially inept, foolish, lacking of social life. Why put yourself in any of those casts? I'm smart, social, usually good with people and still have good grades and results at work.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
 

Fairies since there are so many kinds of them. The Fae folk, like the vampires, are immortal and are quick witted, party people. Vampires on the other hand, I haven't ever liked a book where to vampire was one of the good guys. (I don't include the Mortal Instruments in that statement, since most of the vampires are total asses.)

21. Shape-shifters or Angels? Why?
 

Shifters. It would be cool to be able to change and run as a wolf or fly the skies or swim in the seas. And talk about them damn hot shifters in those romance books [fans herself].

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
 

Weres, the (cute) dog type. Not ferocious and scary rapid half man, half wolf types. As for why, take a look at question 21. again.

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
 

Neither. Ugh. If  have to choose, though, then I'd pick vampires. They're still a bit more aware of what being alive is.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
 

Forbidden!! Triangles work on some books, but too often you see from the beginning which one he/she is going to choose. Besides, I think Romeo and Juliet is back in fashion.

25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Action. No. Romance! No. Action!! No. I can't choose. I love to sometimes to take my brain off the hook and read a quick romance novel, but still, I'll go with action. Those things a usually more gut wrenching ones since somebody is more likely to die. And the more it crushes your heart the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment